The IT Technician provides daily technical support to business area management and staffs for personal computer systems software, hardware and network connectivity. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations and network connectivity issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in supporting general IT infrastructure (computers, storage, network, etc.).
* Provides end user support of all IT managed systems and applications.
* Works independently to resolve prioritized requests while maintaining accurate and thorough documentation, complete ticketing history to document analysis, diagnosis, and resolution plus future preventive actions.
* Follows a prescribed trouble-shooting methodology to consistently and efficiently resolve customer requests.
* Recognizes and documents recurring problems and patterns of problems within the environment.
* Appropriately determines when to escalate to the next level of support.
* Creates and maintains knowledge procedures.
* Provides on call support as part of a rotating schedule.
* Ensure compliance with all Terumo procedures including all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
* Performs other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
o Proficiency level knowledge of Windows based PC and application software such as MS Office 2010 / 2016, MS Exchange, Internet Explorer, Antivirus Software required. Advance networking knowledge (Ethernet, Wi-Fi).
o Certifications in A+ or Network+ desired
o LAN/WAN troubleshooting skills required
o MAC experience is a plus
o Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, resolve problems, deal with unresolved issues, delays and unexpected events, and the ability to effectively communicate and maintain rapport with supported customers.
o Demonstrated competence in English and Spanish, both verbal and written.
o Demonstrated ability to support and troubleshoot PC related hardware and software
o Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
o Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
o Excellent technical skills.
o Associate or equivalent Technical degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
o 1-5 years of PC Hardware experience, troubleshooting and replacing hardware components.
o 1-2 years' experience with advanced Windows Desktops OS's configuring and troubleshooting.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.